Held to Account! Sylvia Bourhill – Managing Director FMAAT, FICB
Another Answer in five words is:
– Friendly, Local Efficient Accounts and Bookkeeping (that’s 6 sorry!)
Sylvia Bourhill in three words is:
What brought you to the world of bookkeeping and accountancy?
– Er… that was sort of an accident! I needed something to do when I had a baby and
bookkeeping fitted well. It soon mushroomed – I did lots of accounting exams, and I now lead a
team of nine (and my ‘baby’ is just about to go off to Uni)
What is the greatest challenge you face on a daily basis at work?
If you could speak another language, what would it be and why?
– I already speak French fluently. I lived in Ivory Coast in West Africa for ten years working for an
NGO that develops literacy programmes and translates the Bible into unwritten languages.
What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Any good?
– Haven’t been near a cinema since lockdown. I’m not a great film buff. Give me a good murder
mystery any time. We have been enjoying Miss Fisher on Netflix recently…
A cup of coffee with… Lord Attenborough or Joanna Lumley?
– Lord Attenborough – such an interesting life. Joanna Lumley annoys me!
You are to take part in a TV reality show. Strictly, Bake-Off or Masterchef? Why?
– Strictly I guess. I do love to dance.
You are to travel from New York to San Francisco. Greyhound Bus, Motorcycle or Train?
– Greyhound I think. I did lots of bus travel in Africa and loved every minute. You get to see so
much and meet so many people. Although I do have an African train story…..
Yesterday at Another Answer – what was great about it?
– I worked at home. My fabulous team managed without me (as they so often do) – and I landed a new client and a potential second one…